Sunday 2 May 2010

Final Stretch... Unreal Ed

It been a grueling few days to try and get all things of an high importance done...

My Unreal Map is complete now, I have to stop! You can spend hours and hours and then some on a level to get it "perfect" but no level is 100% perfect. I've finished my 900AD map now and I'm very please. I have also created a Death Match - (DM) version of it and I've added weapons, ammo pickups, health and Vehicles. The map is big enough to have them after all... I've edited this map to suit the feel of the DM game mode as well as a Team Death Match (TDM) mode.

Right, the only problem I'm having is that once I've set it up and loaded it into the Main Unreal Tournament 3 game, my assets do not appear. I've looked for many issues regarding this but I'm still yet to find an answer. I've also posted up a message on the Epic Forums for this issue so I'm waiting for an reply. Anyhow, if I don't get to sort it in time it's no big deal. It works fine within the Editor Mode which I was told that the assessors and tutors will be using to view my work.

The main 900AD village is different from the Death Match version so I've ended up with two complete levels which I'm very happy with. I've also had some help from my other mentor John Dwyer. He helped me big time for the setup of lighting and the general feel of the level. Without that, my level wouldn't be as good as it is.

Here's a quick Screen Grab of it's current state:

I've worked and worked on this level for days and I'm now pleased with result.

The sky textures are not that good in UnrealEd but sometimes you have to make things work for you. I can now say that I'll be continuing this project after my course has finished and I'll publish this level as a beta for feedback.

I'll add more Screen Grabs shortly and I'll also check to see if I have a reply to my message about the issue I'm having.

2 comments:

  1. COOOL. Looking really nice and atmospheric now Kevin.

    Final stretch, KEEP GOING>

    ReplyDelete