Friday 23 April 2010

Maya Progress... Wood-Men...

I had an idea today...

While in work, I thought about making a few wooden men as what the Vikings would use for practice fighting. These are very simple structures but I also thought about showcasing the weapons and helmets on them as well... I've just knocked these up as quickly as I could so that I don't waste too much time since I dont really have long to go for completion. 


Here's a few shots of them.


WoodMan -1
Just added one of the Battle Axes on this one as if it's hanging from it's arm.


WoodMan-1
Quick Render


WoodMan-2


WoodMan-2
At this point, I started to like the idea of these... 


WoodMan-3
I decided to add another axe to the side of this WoodMan as if it was struck and left there.


WoodMan-3
Bump Mapping shows quite well on the shield.


WoodMan-4


WoodMan-4
I like the detail in the wood. I use created a Normal Map for the texture and placed it in the Bump Mapping section in Maya.


WoodMan-5


WoodMan-5 Duel Weilding.


WoonMan-6


WoodMan-6
This one I added a sword to demostrate that it was hit and left in the arm.

Some of these have been added to my environment in Maya so this section will be ready tomorrow for FULL Rendering - I have a good Mentor!

Hopefully, this will conclude all of the Maya section! I'll post some full true renders when they are done.

Now to add these into my package for Unreal Ed...

I've just thought of something... Sandbags for these to illustrate that they are secure when they are placed within the ground. I'll knock these up tomorrow! I'm resting now!

No comments:

Post a Comment